Monday 20 January 2014

20.1.14

Blue sky! Sun shining! Am i dreaming?
What a lovely day for walking the dogs through mud and puddles.
Today is a good day for finding positives in negatives.
I was wandering amiably through the idea of my imminent hair loss. I say imminent, i have another month or so.
What is the positive, i hear you ask?
It won't take me hours to dry it. It won't cost me so much in products. No more tangles! Im not allowed to dye it for 6 months after treatment, so that will save money and time. But the best positive. I can try lots of different wigs. That actually appeals to me. I can be whatever i want. Brunette, blonde, redhead. Oh the decisions.
The other negative that i have rolling around my brain......... since the menopause, maybe even earlier (but I'm not gonna explore that thought), i have become more forgetful, and at times, positively stupid. Like the time I ran into the garden where my son was relaxing in the sun. I screamed to him, panic-stricken, 'Chris, whats happened to my mobile phone? It won't light up when i press the buttons. Is it broken? Whats wrong with it? Oh my god i can't cope without my phone! You've gotta help me!'
His reply.........'Mum, take your sunglasses off!"
Oh the shame
Well all this type of behaviour has been blamed on the menopause or my age. Now, hurrah, I have an excuse, or i will have soon.  Its 'Chemo Brain'. And yes i used capital letters, cos its a proper diagnosis. Ive been told it lasts for 6 months after your treatment finishes, so unfortunately i will have to go back to the cause being the menopause. But i may be able to drag it out a little longer.
So when i commit a faux pas, in a sincere voice i will say, 'Please forgive my forgetfulness, or stupidity, but i have been through a harrowing experience recently which has left me with these endearing attributes.'
'Whats your excuse?'


No comments:

Post a Comment