Wednesday 22 January 2014

22.1.14

I was out enjoying brekky with Linzi. I say enjoying, i think i will enjoy my imminent PET scan more. How long can you leave breakfast food on a hot plate before it becomes similar to concrete boots, and twice as lethal?
Well, my beautiful white vajazzled iPhone rang. My latest ringtone is 'Happy" by Pharrell Williams, so upbeat. It does what it says on the tin!
Anyway, it was Dr Jack, my haematologist, ringing to tell me my CT scan results. It seems the lymphoma has spread up my iliac chain without any invitation. However, I look on it as a good result, as i had convinced myself i had it in the stomach, bowel and bone! And it could have been far worse. We chatted about wigs and chemo, a welcome break to the thrice baked bacon and sausage. And i am to start my chemo next week.
Why am i excited? Shouldn't i be a gibbering wreck? Ive managed with all the support I'm getting, somehow to turn myself into a positive beacon.
If i could bottle and sell how I'm feeling i would be a very wealthy woman. I know I'm at the start of my journey, but really, my positivity has really helped, so far. Time will tell how long i can stay like this.
Time to prepare for my PET scan. iBooks bought, iPad charged, metal free outfit sorted with extra socks cos the mobile unit can be cold.
I could doze off right now. Last night I had another of those dreams where anxiety about something woke me and stopped me from going back to sleep.  I remember eventually working out the problem....... i mustn't stretch both legs at the same time! Whats it all about? I think I've gone round the bend.
But i will save my doze for the hour when i have to sit and rest and let the radioactive glucose whizz round my body ready for 'lights, camera, action'. I hope we don't need a 'Take 2'.
I will be back to blog again about my experience later. You'll recognise me.....i'll be the one with the radioactive glow!

2 comments:

  1. I was excited about starting chemo too! I don't know why people kept asking me if I nervous... the way I see it, what's to be nervous about? It's KILLING the cancer, and surely that's a wonderful thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I think people just don't want us to be feeling ill. Did it make you feel ill?

    ReplyDelete