Wednesday 15 January 2014

15.1.14

Oooh. Im booked in for a CT scan in 2 days time. That was quick. Apparently nil by mouth for 4 hours before except water. Then they give me a drink, water or contrast, and then inject dye into my veins. I have to wait for an hour and then a 10 minute scan and i can go home again.
I know it has to be done, I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm sure i won't shout and scream like a wimp, but I'm still scared. Man up!!!
Its the fear of the unknown I suppose.
Apparently the bloods i had taken yesterday were all fine.  So thats good news.
I had a copy of the letter sent from my haematologist to my surgeon. All very interesting, but one line said. 'Jill is aware HL is a form of white blood cell cancer in the lymph glands and a fatal condition if untreated.' That sounds quite shocking, frightening. That in itself is enough to help me to man up!

No comments:

Post a Comment