Sunday 31 August 2014

31.8.14

Well I've had a few day away and id like to say I'm rested and ready for what life brings......
Im shattered! And i have swollen ankles too!
I went on a scrapbooking weekend with the girlies, or as i call it, 'Crapping'. It was certainly a good giggle. Lots of nice, but fairly healthy food, the odd glass of vino, loads and loads of laughs, and of course, some scrapbooking. Enjoyed bringing out my creative side.
The negative side was the fatigue. I found i was quite tired sitting doing not much, and........ the music. One of the ladies took her iPod and dock.......Paul Potts, Carpenters and, god forbid, Abba, over and over and over again! I have Mamma Mia ringing in my ears even now.
The good thing of course was my little chat with my favourite haematologist, Dr Jack.
Scan results were due on friday, so not having heard from him by 2.30 i could wait no more!!! I know he's at work and i know he's in meetings all friday morning, but this is important.
So i rang him.
He said, 'Jill (in a surprised voice, god forbid he says he forgot!!!), I'm tearing about, but its all good. Have you got a bite on your right groin????'
No!
'Theres a small area there, and on your lungs. Have you got a chest infection?'
No, but i have a cough at the mo.
'Well theres 2 areas lit up but i can assure you they're not lymphoma!'
He said he'd see me in 12 weeks, the little minx, playing hard to get!
I told him i had an appointment with him on friday and he said i needn't bother if i don't want to cos the results are good! Needless to say i will still be seeing him on friday! I will have questions! So he said we'd do some baseline (post lymphoma) bloods.
5 days to grow 6 inches of hair and lose 2 stone!
So home again, unpacked most of my scrap sh*t. Scrambled eggs and coco pops, not together of course. Twice nearly dozed off in my cuddle chair in front of the TV, but not of course whilst X Factor is on. OMG how I've missed it. The girl singing Mariah Carey. Simon said it sounded like she'd swallowed lots of people and they were all trying to get out. And the Italian who sang a Michael Jackson song. What a voice. Seemed to have the wrong body for that voice.
So its september tomorrow - my birthday month! I expect to be spoilt and pampered for the whole month. Theres a piece of machinery that i became acquainted with this weekend. The eBosser. I shall put this on my birthday list along with bino's, a gardening stool that i can kneel on whilst gardening, and some secateurs. I can think up lots more so don't worry theres not enough on my list. All I've gotta do now is suck up to my boys!
Anyway heres a rough idea of what scrapbooking is. 2 of my pages, not photo'd well i might add.


No comments:

Post a Comment