Saturday 16 August 2014

16.8.14

Its B day - BBQ!
A day full of stress and work. Why stress, i hear you ask? For about 6 months I've had nothing to do, nothing to arrange, nothing to organise. I just sat!
Im so out of practice that I'm finding it, not difficult, but it came so easy to me before, so a little bit stressful.
And the work, I've had to make a list, which i always did before, but its more of a necessity now. Luckily i have Sam, Matt, Joe and Jonathon to help, hopefully.
On the whole tho, I'm looking forward to it.
My sprained shoulder is still sore but I'm sure i can battle through it.
Its 9.30pm. Im shattered. I can hardly walk cos my ankles and my back are so sore. I spent all morning chopping veg to make salads and stuff. Ive sorted, arranged, organised, and so on. The garden looks a treat with my table cloths and jugs of flowers on each table, and the newly bought chair cushions look so nice.
Ian has been round and blitzed the garden and done such a good job. I will photograph it tomorrow and show you how gorgeous it looks, immaculate.
A quick bath and time to get my new dress on. Its 4 inches too long!!! Best plans and all that!!! So another, old, dress chosen instead, and downstairs just in time for the guests arriving.
Sat and chatted for an hour or so. Why is it i can't just sit and continue chatting? Why is it i have to go and organise and do all the washing up etc? Why can't i delegate? Is it cos i don't think anyone can do it better than me?
By 5 i was knackered. My ankles were aching and my back, only to get worse throughout the evening cos i can't just sit.
5 o clock and barbecue lit, more organising for me in the kitchen.  Sam and Matt were amazing. Joe and Jenni helped a lot too.
Everyone had praise for the chefs - Sam and Matt, and for me for all the food. I had no appetite. I chose all the food i liked and i couldn't eat it! Ice cream sundaes for desert. I managed one of them!!! They were lovely, everyone enjoyed them. And it wasn't long until people started to go, in fact they all went before it was dark, which was a shame as i bought lots of lanterns specially.
So its 9.30 and I'm sat on my bed and nearly every part of me is throbbing. I really need to sort out a stretching routine cos everytime i do anything, my body aches.
There is lots of food on trays scattered round the kitchen which needs putting in the fridge, if theres any room.
Tomorrow i have so much to sort out to get the house back to how it was.
But right now i feel so tired that i can't be bothered to crack a joke or even smile. So I'm gonna leave it here and go to bed.
Goodnight from Mrs Grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment