Wednesday 27 August 2014

27.8.14

Sam said to me, 'Whats that on your mouth?' I answered, 'its a wrinkle!' He said 'it looks like a cut!' Like I've been out swashbuckling all night!!!
Anyway, its PET scan day today. The day i have a scan to see if my lymphoma has left home or is still residing inside me! Its not gonna be fun!
Its starts off with me being nil by mouth except for water. I told you it wasn't gonna be fun.
Im so hungry! And I'm dying for a coffee. Ive had a cup of hot water and thats it. I must remember, i have to drink loads of water!
Well thats a load of bad advice. The nice girl at the PET/CT portacabin told me i could have had a coffee if i liked and it would have made no difference to the scan!!! Bummer.
So Linda and I, yes my little angel came with me, sat and waited for the nice girlie with her few forms! I think a whole tree was chopped down specially.
Anyway, i was questioned and questioned. Felt like i was in custody in a police station, although they were very friendly. I was cannulated, blood sugar tested (5.5 - normal) and then placed in the holding room pre scan. I was injected with radioactive glucose and left to vegetate for an hour.
This isn't my arm, but gives you an idea of the unusual syringe. I was unlucky enough to have a proper cannula and not a little butterfly!
An hour of relaxation in a chair that you felt you'd tip out of if the foot lift wasn't in place! Oh NHS, how you let us down!
After an hour i felt like my mum had come down from heaven. 'Jill, would you like to go to the toilet?'
Ablutions done and i was arranged on the scan bed. Arms arranged over my head, which isn't easy these days as my arms stretch, but my shrivelled up veins are not as able to do it. Very uncomfortable. 20 mins later after I've been in and out of the scan like my credit card in my purse when I'm out shopping!
I ceased up on the bed. 'Would you like some help getting off the bed?' asked Adam, the nice man who cannulated me.
I was handed a monkey pole (or rope) to pull myself up!
Then was the mad rush to eat food.
We drove to Castle Point and went to eats and treats for a panini.
1) it wasn't a panini
2) it was cold
3) the benches were so hard, needed a cushion
4) an old bat sat on the next table and lit up a cigarette and smoke billowed (I exaggerate) over us whilst we enjoyed our lunch.
The mug of tea was wonderful tho.
A little retail therapy and then i returned Linda to her rightful home and whizzed off to Nurturing by Nature for the pre-ordered large box of minced chicken for the dogs. It wasn't in! So went home empty handed.
Visited by Jenni.
And then a relaxing evening whilst the rain chucked it down. No plant watering needed.
Now the uncomfortable wait for results, hopefully on friday.
Now cuddled up in bed with the lovely thought of a coffee first thing in the morning, before my spa day with Lyn to thank her for walking the doggies for the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment