Monday 11 August 2014

11.8.14

Bench painted! I will take a photo later, or tomorrow when its dry and in place!
I did an hour and half of painting and gardening.
The first time for months I've had a very warm bath and been able to soak in it. Lovely.
An hour also spent chatting with people on the Hodgkins Lymphoma site. Its time for me to be able to give back a bit. New members asking questions and needing advice. Its lovely to be able to help someone.
Theres one lady, her hubby is sooooo itchy he can't stand it. He has sweats, and many enlarged lymph glands. He has an ultra sound tomorrow. He needs a biopsy taken from a lump cos an US won't diagnose it. But it seems almost text book that he has lymphoma. Don't get me wrong, neither me nor other members are now in the habit of diagnosing, but she has already decided it sounds like lymphoma!!! Ill let you know when i find out.
Another member, she had it for 2 and half years until she was diagnosed.
She saw the doctor with itching amongst other things and GP said it was in her mind. She was even called Mrs Itch by the GP!!! GP printed off the internet about itching being in the mind and gave it to her.  I would have printed out HL and taken it to the GP to ensure she didn't misdiagnose again!!!
Lizzie, another member, is also panicking cos she has her check up this afternoon. Cos she's lost some weight she thinks the lymphoma is back. Im almost certain its nothing, but this is the life of a lymphoma sufferer in remission. A life full of worry and paranoia.
But anyway, paranoia but to bed and on with some chores.
I got a bit carried away. Theres an area that was overgrown, in fact theres loads of areas that are overgrown. Well I've dug it all, weeded it all, covered it with membrane and I'm deciding what to do next!!
I also now need to be on traction. Im knackered, and I'm supposed to be going shopping with Linda at 3 and I'm covered in mud and I'm hot and sweaty!
Shopping done. Partly ready for BBQ on saturday.
Just home in time for food and out with the Rock Choir girls, Jenni, Jenny, Laura and Linda. Had a hoot.
Now home ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment