Saturday 27 February 2016

26.2.16

Oh my word.
A dreadful nights sleep. I was stewing over a message from a 'friend'. I can't believe how cruel some people can be. But I'm not gonna waste any more time on that person. Im gonna pick myself up and get back to my positivity.
Today could be my penultimate day in hospital. I can't wait to get home to my own bed, although i will miss all these friendly faces who come and attack me each day.
Im starving! Must be the steroids. My tummy is rumbling and it is thought it is 35 on the Richter scale! A new word I've learnt, borborygmi. Bowel sounds!
Just had a visit from Fergus who commented i looked like an Ewok cos i was curled up on the bed trying to doze. I don't know if thats an insult or compliment!
He said they had the MDT meeting this morning and its been suggested that after my chemo and after the PET scan, and hoping I'm in remission, i will be having 3 weeks of radiotherapy before the transplant. He said this is my last chance of a cure, so they're throwing everything at me! However, if i were to relapse again there is a couple of drugs that have worked on some people to keep it at bay.
Thats mighty scary. Last chance of a cure. It better work!!!
So my first hospital stay, how was it?
The staff were lovely, friendly, helpful, although very busy. The food not so much! The treatment was remarkably better than i thought it would be, although there are aspects i could do without! Constipation, fluid retention, headaches, tummy injections, eye drops x 4 a day, which I've managed to get in my eyes and not on my face now, etc.
I had a nice bedspace, near the window/french doors that looked out onto the garden, and could see Tampax Towers (the nurses home where i lived for over a year back in 1979) from my bed. My Kickman line insertion was almost easy, and makes treatment and bloods so much easier.
I met a lovely lady, Monique who has helped to keep me sane. She makes me laugh. Im thinking of taking her home with me if her husband doesn't mind!
I won't be so worried coming back next time, but wish i didn't have to. But i do so i should suck it up and get on with it. Some people have been through far worse than me and I'm a grown up, apparently!


No comments:

Post a Comment