Wednesday 2 March 2016

28.2.16

Escaped from hospital, thanks to my partner in crime. He was fab. He gave me a hug when i had an unexpected sob. He brought me hot cross buns and pineapple! We sat and had a good moan, both of us. We have a similar type of head.
First night at home. Chatted with Jane for a bit, mutual virtual hugs to each. Chris and Chloe checked up on me. Then time to relax.
I decided to watch the Voice. Fell asleep about 4 times so gave in to the temptation and slept like a log.
Woke this morning not knowing what I'm supposed to do. What drugs? Anything i should be doing? Soon got my head in gear.
Made coffee, had crunchy nut cornflakes which for some unknown reason had no taste, took tabs, and chilled. Decided to attempt the Voice again.
It made me very emotional, so much seemed relevant to me, but it brought me back to positivity. So I've had another coffee, and had the cheese and biscuits i brought home from hospital. Golly, gee, wow! They hit the spot. Cheese, thats the thing. I need cheese. Mature of course. Maybe some goats cheese with red onion relish. I have gone from a bit low, which i think is normal after 5 days of being attached to chemo, and then being sent home, to cheese! Sounds ridiculous doesnt it?
Answering an SOS, Lyn has got me more crackers, cheese and butter so I'm all set up.
So I've been home a couple of days now and not feeling much better. Mild nausea, headache, fatigue, pain in the tummy (possible tumours shrinking?). Ive spent more time in bed than i should, but its the most comfortable place.
Ive had more messages that i could do without which really upset me, but if it means ill be left alone and not upset further, i will ignore it.
Now to inject some humour! See what i did there?
District nurse could recognise i had no need for any pricks at all, but unless he was capable of the 'immaculate injection' that would be impossible. But instead of 3 he gave me 1. He left the needle wobbling vicariously in my tummy whilst he changed the syringe 3 times. Re-flipping-sult.
And if thats not enough, Sam got me the goats cheese and relish....... i don't know if I'm allowed to put this, but i died and went to heaven!!!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete