Wednesday 24 February 2016

24.2.16

So another funfilled, toxin blasted, tasteless food, peeing for England type of day. I don't have time to be bored here, thats for sure.
Ive had a few visitors today. The first being Dr Jack. He comes and sets my mind at rest for quite a few things. He said he believes my chemo will put me in remission but if it doesn't i can have up to 2 more sessions of ESHAP. I bloody hope not. Its not been that bad but i really don't want to carry on this liaison unless its really necessary. Im hoping when the time comes for the transplant he will put my mind at rest about that too. Thats the next thing thats freaking me out.
Then Linzi and Rachel visited armed with sweeties galore and a gardening magazine to work off the sweetie calories when i get home. Nice to see 'em. Brightened up a dull day. They both nicked some of my hospital tissues. They both kept their distance in case of bugs etc.......then when they left i found Linzis snotty tissues on the floor!!! Haha, i'll get her for that.
Then my Sam came to see me. I asked for some squash cos the water here tastes like its come from the Ganges. It could be my taste buds of course......
He came with 3 bottles. Im only in till the weekend! He bought me creme eggs, cadburys chocolate, 2 sudoku books. A family  Sudoku book, and a KILLER Sudoku book - not the best type of book for someone with cancer!
A parcel had arrived at home for me which he brought in cos he thought it would make me smile. It was a framed photo of my son Joe and his partner Jon.


I liked the photo and asked if he'd get me a copy, he went one better and had it framed. I love it.
So after a bit of humorous abuse from Sam he left me to watch the BAFTAS. Just getting to the bit about David Bowie and i was told i was moving room because of a male admission. I was moving in with another lady. Eventually they moved her in with me, which made life easier. She's a nice lady. 
I have a new friend! Monique, a french canadian with a lovely accent. She's had bowel cancer and had a large piece of bowel removed and now chemo.
'Dey have removed a turd of my bowel' she said in her french accent. She meant a third of her bowel! That made me snigger too.
We're both on fluid charts so there will be bedpans galore in the bathroom. Some with A written on for her and B for me to coincide with our bed spaces. I hope it don't get messy!
Anyway, i think its bedtime. Ive had so much fun today I'm shattered.
So its goodnight from me, and goodnight from Monique.

No comments:

Post a Comment