Saturday 1 November 2014

29.10.14

Im back.
Im all cruised out.
Ive eaten Belgian waffles with Belgian chocolate - but not put on a pound in weight. Yippee.
Ive had more exercise than i normally get but paid the price. Not with blisters, but with aches and pains. My poor feet! Damn this sensitive skin and joint pain. Ive been back 3 days and I'm still soooo achey.
Ive done a little swimming and now my neck and back aches.
Ive been on a ship, a little boat, a bus, a car and on foot.
Ive watched films, comedians, played games, crosswords.
Ive drunk loads of prosecco and a strawberry daiquiri. Tea and very strong coffee!
Bacon and eggs, sausage, mushrooms and beans. Curries. Pineapple and melon. Ice cream. Not all together i might add. Its so difficult coming home and having to cook my own food. Im taking it slowly. Ive managed to open a few tins of soup and tomorrow i may progress to a jacket potato.
And now i need something else to look forward to. Possibly a trip to Paris next.
I know. A visit to my son to look after his dogs whilst he's away at a convention.  R&R i think you call it. Rest and recuperation.
I arrived with my 3 dogs, to join his 5 dogs.
His frozen dog food was delivered at the same time lunch was ready, and the same time we should be leaving for him to get to the train station.
'Mum, could you deliver 2 of the (huge) boxes of dog food to the farm shop (where his friendly butcher allows him to put the food in his freezer), and apologise for me not arranging it with him. But I'm sure he'll be ok with it!'
So..... i delivered Chris and Chloe to the station. Chloe left the passenger window open. The same side as the recent damage when someone drove the car into a bollard (£650 quote to repair!). There was no way it wanted to shut. Chris said you have to bang it!! Technical, that! I travelled to the farm shop with the wind blowing through the car, luckily not messing up my hair, and found Andy. Told him about the dog food. He frowned. He hasn't got a lot of room at the mo, but he managed it. He also banged the window at my request, which then shut. Then home to sort out the other 2 boxes of dog food, and to wash up from lunch. I got carried away and tidied the fridge, cleaned out some cupboards and sorted the utility room! By 5pm i was unable to walk without looking like i needed a zimmer frame.
I lounged for a period of time, in front of the TV, on Chris's bed, with 8 dogs alternating time next to me.
Cup of tea time.
As i walked into the kitchen, my reflection in the french windows jumped out at me. It was like a trip to a magic mirrors stand at the fair. I looked about a size 8!! I thought for a minute my diet was going better than i thought. I moved to the next door, the nasty door! I looked a size 20! Luckily i had seen the 'skinny' door first otherwise i would have been devastated. Im hoping I'm somewhere in between.
Time for bed, the epic job of toileting 8 dogs.
Done with tremendous ease.
All in, doors locked. Head count. 3 spinones, 2 jugs, 1 cockapoo, 1 malteser, and wheres the springer spaniel?
I couldn't find her. I searched the house. I searched the garden. She must have jumped the fence and she's off clubbing in Trowbridge.
After an hour or so, i decided to go to bed. I could do no more. Hopefully in the morning she'll be sat by the back door with a tennis ball in her mouth, her eyes staring insanely.
I never slept well. I was worrying about Tottie. Mona was missing her dad and barked most of the night. My 3 slept like logs in their bed in my room! Typical.
6am i got up! I came downstairs and let them all out, hoping the head count would be 8.
No, just the 7.
And then out of the corner of my eye, i see a manic dog, stretching her back legs as she walked from Chris's bedroom, the bedroom i had searched about 4 times last night!
Number 8 - all present and correct!
Thank god Chris is home tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment