Wednesday 22 October 2014

20.10.14

So looking forward to my well earned mini cruise on thursday with Linda and Kerrie.
Ive managed to get my case out of the attic, I've managed to wash the dust and crap off of it!
Ive found a swimming costume in my drawer that still fits - does that mean i haven't put THAT much weight on?
I have to decide what clothes I'm taking, i have ironing to do, nails, and sort out cameras, iPod, chargers, etc etc etc.
Whats good is i don't have to worry about my hair. Do i take straighteners? Nope. Do i need to take brushes? Nope. Do i need to bring hair accessories - ties, clips, etc? Nope.
I have googled our ports of call and worked out if we can walk to where we want to go or do we need a shuttle bus. Of course when on board i can go to the 'Explorer' department and ask the staff there for some advice. Thats if i manage to move away from the restaurant.
I have looked at the ship deck plans and worked out where our stateroom is and where the restaurant is in relation. You have to get your priorities right!
I have everything under control.
I have checked the weather.
OMG a storm arriving tomorrow!
Luckily by thursday it will be almost non existent, i hope.
I swear, if my cruise is ruined by the weather, i will be booking another one next year, and a proper couple of weeks cruise instead of a mini.
Today i met up with Linda in M&S for a sandwich, a coffee and a chat about the cruise.
We are both very excited. We need incontinence pants!
We are both trying on clothes as if it is going out of fashion. Isn't it funny. As many items as you have in your wardrobe, you still feel the need to buy more when you're going on holiday!  I think its a girl thing.
I have packed :-
3 pairs of leggings (one smart pair)
2 smart tops (for evening wear)
6 casual tops (for day wear)
3 dresses
I am going away for 4 days. I will need to change 3 times during the day, and one evening i will change during dinner to ensure i use all the clothes!
What a numpty i am.
Between us we will let down the side for Bournemouth.
I forget everything (chemo) and have packed clothes for a small army.
Linda can't speak properly, i really don't know why. I think she does it for attention.
She also had a list today of things she needs for the holiday. Lemonade was on the list?????
She forgot her euros! Its on the list, and she forgot it.
Kerrie is the only one with any common sense on this holiday.
I am apprehensive regarding embarkation. I am intending taking 2 bottles of prosecco on board. Now normally you can't take alcohol on board. They like you to spend an arm and a leg in the onboard bar. I have been informed, if its for a good reason, they can allow it.
I think fighting off cancer is a fairly good reason for a party.
I think they may think we've gone a bit overboard (another little pun for you!) as Linda has 2 boxes of wine in her case for her and Kerrie.
I think we will be invited to the FRIENDS OF BILL W. In fact invited, i think it will be obligatory.
(Friends of Bill W. are alcoholics anonymous meetings on board cruise liners.)

No comments:

Post a Comment