Tuesday 7 October 2014

2.10.14

Look at the date. October already.
On january 7th I got my results from my enlarged gland in my groin that I had excised. 9 months ago.
In that time I've been through 6 cycles of ABVD chemo. I knew id get through it, but at the time I wondered how yI'd get through it. And here i am. Chemo finished. 6week scan and results (good results too!). And now my first 3 month check up from the neck up (silly i know, but i had to say it!), is in a month or so.
I can't believe I've had cancer!
I think I've just got fat and bald for no reason!
The hair is returning and the weight is going, slowly.
I know physically I'm different. I don't have the low back ache i had before diagnosis. Obviously down to the lymphoma, but i didn't know that until fairly recently. It was a light bulb moment.
I was having physio and i asked her if it could be anything other than stiff joints cos it just seemed to go back to how it was each time she 'loosened' me up. She assured me it was just the latter. Now I'm more flexible and pain free in that department, now the cancer has gone from that area.
However, i have an unexplained cough of which i was x-rayed for and visiting the cardiologist next week for a further echo ultrasound.
My tender fingertips that weren't present during chemo, and disappeared a couple of weeks ago, are back again! A womans prerogative to change her mind i suppose.
My ankles seize up when i sit or lay so when i get into the upright position and attempt to walk....... OMG you should see me!!! I look like an OAP. They soon loosen up tho so i am able to sprint to the kitchen for cake.
Actually, very little cake for me! Im being a fairly good girl. Probably cos I'm so desperate to lose weight. I get it in my head i look a certain way and then catch sight of myself in a mirror and depression descends - almost enough to eat cake, anti depressant cake!
My shortness of breath is a lot better, but then i am on the tablets, which may be whats giving me the cough! I stopped taking them for 2 days last weekend to see if that was the cough cause, but on the third day my pulse was 105! So I'm back on them again after a discussion with the cardiologist.
Im still very intolerant, but I'm not sure that can be blamed on the chemo!
A recent intolerance of mine, silly i know, unnecessary i know. The new programme on TV, Judge Rinder, he has a lady called Rochelle who collects documents for him from the lunatics who have put themselves in his courtroom. She's very smartly dressed and she wears high heels, black ones. They're so high she can't walk in them! She's on national TV, tottering around like a teenager in stilettos trying to impress boys. Does she know how ridiculous she looks? I presume not.
Flip flops are the way to go. No blisters, no squashed toes and certainly not looking like you're part of the Ministry of silly walks, and looking like you've  pooped yourself!
Anyway, my recovery is going well.
My second weekend away is coming up, in fact its tomorrow.
Im off to London with Mary, staying with her daughter Hannah and seeing my baby Joe. Its gonna be epic. Cant wait. Mary and i have a great time together, so we have a whole weekend of it.
My last night duty this week. Off to Marys for some brekky and a shower before we head off for Landan Taan!
Im sat in my bed at work wondering if I've packed everything i need???
Phone charger, check. Toiletries, check. Marys birthday card, check. Medication, check. What i didn't pack was mousetraps! I can hear the little blighters scratching around in the attic!
Its home from home here. At least mice are a little quieter than rats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment