Saturday 8 November 2014

8.11.14

What a cracking evening it was.  Full of fun and laughter. 13 (i think) school friends, some haven't seen each other since we left school - about 6 years ago!!! Music from the 70's and 80's playing. We all took food and there were photos of 'back in the day'.

Tracy, the hostess with the mostest, introduced a leaflet with everybody's exam results! How she got this personal information, i don't know. Im worried she has a list of our credit cards and pin numbers!
She went through the list and some of the people we couldn't remember, in fact, most of them i couldn't remember! I blame the chemo!
Nette was there giving all sorts of advice, as she's often done before. In fact, when we were about 8 or 9 she gave me my first sexual education lesson! And very descriptive and accurate it was too. Debbie, Carol, who hasn't changed a bit, Maureen, Bev, Diane, Tracey, Janice (or Jan as she prefers to be called), Lynn, who lives round the corner from me, Kim P and Kim B, although were not sure Kim B actually is Kim B because she looks so different to when we were at school. We think she was a local dog walker who saw the lights on and smelt the booze. Such good fun, very raucous at times. And i drank a whole bottle of pink Cava. Ive never done that before, usually 2 glasses are enough. I blame Debbie for topping me up on more than one occasion. Needless to say, this morning I'm feeling a little fragile! Lovely to see everyone tho. Shame some couldn't make it.
Flu jab!
I did say 'a small prick', what i meant was 'a dull prick'! Ive had a few of them in my time! The doctor even said they must have a blunt batch cos everyone was bleeding! Nice to know our taxes are being spent frugally, on blunt needles! However the whole experience improved when i came out. There was a couple of very nice firemen asking about smoke and fire alarms. One of them, the better looking one, offered to come round to my house and sort me out! I presume he means smoke alarms etc?
Looking forward to next week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment