Monday 8 September 2014

7.9.14

Easy like sunday morning!
Ive been at Chris's house since friday evening.
Far from easy!!! 9 dogs in the house so a few altercations. 9 dogs getting very dusty from walkies, and covered with grass seeds, my clothes are filthy! I didn't bring any wellies or shoes so I've borrowed Chris's wellies and i have blisters.
Foxes screaming at night, and Onion, cock a doodle dooing.
Other than that, its been great. Chloes cooked some lovely meals and Angie (Chris's carer) has been very helpful, making cups of tea etc. Such a sweet lady.
Ive not done my usual job of deadheading the wild rose bush. But it doesn't look like it needs it.
Its absolutely covered in flowers. Beautiful. And to think Chris wanted to dig it up!
Its lovely having visitors on a sunday lunchtime, but not when they come armed with a hundred copies of the watchtower!
And I'm not even in my own house.
If Chris had answered the door, i have visions of him chasing them down the lane in his wheelchair shouting, 'Gerrof my land!'
I pointed out it was sunday and one of them (they always come in pairs, maybe for support when they hear abuse) said, 'yes we come out on sundays too!'
I replied, 'you shouldn't be knocking at peoples doors on a sunday (I meant any day really). We're trying to relax and see family. Ive just had chemo and you're disturbing me.'
They were very apologetic.
I went to shut the door and she said, 'Do you want one of these' meaning the watchtower.
'No i don't,' i said with attitude.
I believe in 'live and let live', but i get so annoyed at people preaching on my doorstep, even if it wasn't my own doorstep! If i wanted a copy of the watchtower or wanted to find out more about this religion, id go and find out. How would they like it if i knocked on their door and started telling them all about scrapbooking, or wine tasting, or maybe about the karma sutra?
They are intruders!
Anyway, a nice weekend, but I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow. My own bed is calling.
Im in my bed..... heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment