Saturday 20 September 2014

20.9.14

He's not blind, the sun was in his eyes!
The wedding was lovely. I had such a good time. It was full of laughter.
Lyn looked so happy, it was lovely to see. Martin was protective of his new wife. It was just lovely. Met some people i hadn't seen for a long time.
The weather started off dull and rainy but it become a beautiful balmy indian summer day.
Did i drink!!!!! Thats not a question, more a statement.
I must have had about 4 glasses of prosecco, which is a humungus amount for me.
My poem went down well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Lyn and Martins Wedding Day.

On this, Lyn and Martins wedding day, theres a couple of things id like to say.
Ive known Lyn for 22 years when Sam and Ryan started school, little dears!
In all that time weve had some fun, holidays, outings and the odd cake or bun!
Weve been to Centre Parcs with all the gang, weve cycled and swam, danced and sang.
With Carly and Ryan, Chris, Sam and Joe. The laughs we had, you’ll never know!
Canaries and Majorca and even Alaska. Im sure she enjoyed it, go an ask her.
Sea lions and whales, glaciers and blue ice, plenty of food and drink, all very nice.
But there’ve been times ive been sad and shes been there for me 
And shes buzzed round me like a busy busy bee.
She always has a smile and she has a heart thats kind
She’d do anything for anyone, i think you’d find.
Shes done cleaning and washing, and decorating too
With her gadgets to help and her paint splattered shoes
A bag full of rollers, all different shades, and loads of sandpaper all different grades
The scaffolding she climbed, i remember her go
But the paint and brushes she left down below!
She makes me giggle with all her antics and at time she makes me quite frantic.
Her ability to text or to use a mobile phone, even after the many times shes been shown.
I told her id ring her when i arrived in town, but every time i did, it just made me frown!
She would click on connect just like she ought, then click disconnect, and make me fraught
But we managed to meet and go and eat cake, at a garden centre or in town or even a wake!
Shes always the one to get a good deal, when i say a good deal, its almost a steal! 
Her car she got cheap and even a bouquet, whilst all the staff hid and some ran away.
She always gives flowers when the moment arises and theyre always bouquets of gargantuan sizes.
I dont know lots about our Mart, but ive been told he has a good heart
I know he likes a glass of Jack, and it takes a lot to get him on his back
He likes chocolate too, just like Lyn, dont know how he manages to stay so thin!
Between them theyre a lovely pair. Its nice to see them want to share
Their lives together now they are wed. And now for the first time they can share a bed!
Just lately ive had needs, special some would say, and Lyn has rallied round and really saved the day.
Shes walked my pups in a regular style, whilst ive laid in bed watching jeremy kyle.
She even attended my last chemo day, and entertained me in her usual way.
She waited on me whilst i went through hell and even videoed me when i rang the bell.
She’s a bit of a gem, a good old stick, well done Martin, shes a good wife to pick.
So i hope you both enjoy your day, im sure we all would like to say.

Congratulations to a wonderful pair, but at your age on your wedding night, please take care!

Its a shame its all over now. I want to go to another one!
So today will be spent recovering. A bit of toilet training and trying to lose the pound of weight that i put on yesterday! A little bit, and i mean a very little bit, of gardening.



No comments:

Post a Comment