Wednesday 4 November 2015

2.11.15

Getting nearer to my PET scan! Nearer to finding out whats going on! And it all leads to anxiety.
Had a few bad dreams/night terrors. Although not sure if the one last night was a night terror as Simon Cowell was in it, discussing the X Factor with me!
Today i have had a few jitters. Ive felt angry and wanted to swear and shout, which i did, but in the comfort and privacy of my own home!
Hurry up wednesday (PET day) and hurry up results so i can move on to the next step of diagnosis....or hopefully, its all gone and it was all a bad night terror!
Its here!
I woke at 6.30am, too late to eat or drink (other than water!). The NBM (nil by mouth) order started at 5.30. Why is it, when you know you can't eat, you want to? You're desperate to.
I arrived at the unit with plenty of time in the hope they would 'do' me earlier, and they did. The usual technician was there, the one who can cannulate you with his eyes shut! Its always nice to know you have a competent technician when its your own veins at risk.
Cannulated and deposited in a different place to normal (how did i ever get into the situation of it being normal to be in these types of places?). It was like a broom cupboard! With a chair that filled half of it, and a small heater on the wall, blasting out a gust of hot air, noisily!
So heres my radioactive glucose being administered. And then i get the chance to sit and do nothing for an hour whilst the glucose gets to the active spots. But you know all this..... you've read my blog from before!
But for those who have forgotten. The injection makes me radioactive for a few hours, so i have to steer clear of pregnant women and babies. I have to flush the loo twice. Theres nothing in the literature that says i can't eat as soon as possible tho!!!
I visited the canteen and ordered some food, but it was soooooo bad, i left it and departed quickly with the thoughts of toast and marmalade when i got home.
Im now home, and I've enjoyed the toast. The dogs are pleased to see me, although they are looking a little confused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment