Wednesday 18 November 2015

17.11.15

Saw Dr Jack. He said to me, 'shall we do it standing up?' Well, i was all of a dither. I asked what are we doing? Of course it was to check my gland in the groin to see if its big enough to biopsy. So i stood whilst he rummaged. He made a few comments that made me snigger! 'This probably isn't the best position!' etc.
So I'm now waiting for an appointment to have my lymphectomy. The whole gland has to be removed to make sure we don't have to go back for another 'grab'. Theres probably a fair bit of scar tissue involved in the lump. Don't wanna be biopsying that.
Hes as convinced as i am that its HL but as he rightly said, 'never assume'!
So following the biopsy, and it being positive, i will have a Hickman line installed! Then ESHAP chemo and hope that gets rid of the blighters. Injections to encourage my bone marrow to chuck out loads of stem cells that will be collected, counted, processed and frozen ready for me to welcome them home to mama.
I will be an inpatient mon to fri whilst they fill me with more toxins, for at least 2 times, possibly more. One of the drugs is given continuously for 4 days! Im gonna love that! Then when i can't take any more, a CT scan to check if I'm in remission (please please please) and then bung my precious little stem cells back in me, which apparently is no picnic.
He told me its not easy. But its easier than dying!
As usual when i see Dr Jack, i take a photo of myself so i can see the difference as the months pass. I had hoped at some stage to put them all in a row and see my physical recovery. Thats not going to plan. I wonder what my next photo will look like? Heres todays pic tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment