Wednesday 10 December 2014

7.12.14

Ooh its getting closer. Not long now till Santa shimmies down my breast (chimney breast, that is) and gives me a night to remember (prezzies, i mean!).
To be fair, theres not much i need, other than a log burner, a Jag XK, a winning lottery ticket, and i don't mean for a fiver, and maybe a nice man. Ive got a feeling I'm gonna be disappointed.
Im really not too bothered if i don't get  my hearts desire.
I have an iPhone thats been fixed and is working properly now, so I'm not stressed about that. I have a new laptop, a Macbook Air, and it works brilliantly unlike the last one i had. Even from day one it was a nightmare. Obviously a friday afternoon model. And what was the other thing????
Oh yes, my health!
I have my boys, and i have my friends. And of course, i have my puppies.
And a special mention. I have Chloe Louise Laws!!!! There chloe, happy!!
Everyone wanted cakes. I decided to make some chocolate cupcakes. Always difficult baking in someone else's kitchen cos you don't know where everything is. But found the baking cupboard and the muffin tin. Found the scales.
I measured out all the ingredients, sieved the flour, dissolved the cocoa in boiling water. Added it all together and it said on the recipe, 'Fill the cake cases 2/3 full with the batter.'
Batter??? What batter? It was a thick pile of sticky stuff. Not how it was before. What i didn't realise was on the scales was grams, ounces and millilitres!!! Ive never seen scales with millilitres before! I was oblivious. Happily weighing out and beating stuff together. Need less to say it all ended up in the bin and i had to start the whole lot again.
It all worked out in the end and we spent the afternoon feeling sick from too much chocolate!!!
Followed by roast pork and crackling, so all too thirsty cos of all the salt!
I think i need to become a vegan! or a vegetable!
A few festivities this week. Dinner out with the choir ladies. We were forced into singing our rendition of 'Let it snow'. In front of the whole pub too! Of course, roses were thrown at us as a gesture of pleasure. I wish it had been Cadburys Roses! Although i think they may have hurt. Smacked in the eye by a flying toffee penny! That could be Quality Street, but i shan't worry about that.
The applause could be heard all the way to Wembley Stadium!
We weren't invited back tho!
Yesterday I met with me Julie for a coffee and mince pie at Haskins Garden Centre. The mince pies were so hard they could have been used to build some houses strong enough to withstand a mighty tornado!
The coffee was too strong. The hot chocolate was too sweet. But at Christmas we put up with all the crap, don't we!
Roast turkey for lunch at Stewarts Garden centre with Marion and Terry.
It was lovely ambling round the christmassy stuff. I was feeling quite festive.
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......

No comments:

Post a Comment