Wednesday 10 December 2014

10.12.14

I like that date, 10 12 14. Does my OCD the power of good.
I feel duty bound to include a bit of Christmas festivity.
OH CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE....

Two different trips to Milan and 2 different Christmas trees. Last years tree wasn't as nice. It was still 'molto voluminoso' (very massive!), but it had huge red bows on it. I prefer the 2 trees above. It will be interesting to see what tree they have this year, as I will be there in 2 days. 
Yes the annual Christmassy visit to Milan is nigh.
The boarding passes are printed, passports ready, euros burning a hole in my purse and the thought of the most wonderful hot chocolate, milano stylee is making my mouth water. The promise of the most wonderful pizza and pasta for 3 days is making my tummy rumble.
We will be doing our usual Milanese routine. Arrive, and straight away sort out assistance at the train station to take us to Lake Como for the day. Usually beautiful blue skies outlining the snow topped mountains and the turquoise lake. Sometimes theres snow! Stupendo!
We usually amble round the christmas market stalls. Such a wonderful atmosphere.
Armani is visited!!!! Chris is an Armani freak. Even his dog is called Giorgio after the designer.
And Savinis......... a wonderful, upmarket, expensive, coffee shop. I feel i do it no justice calling it a coffee shop. Its so much more. They sell the best panettone. Chris always fills his hand luggage with panettone from Savinis.
And usually in the piazza del Duomo (in the photos above) there is a large stage and somebody, sometimes someone well known,  is performing. Natalie Cole was the first time, and the third time it was Burt Bacharach. It was one of the most magical times of my life. It was snowing and the atmosphere was amazing. He sang all of his hits. I say a little prayer, Alfie, Ill never fall in love again, Raindrops keep falling on my head, Magic moments, The look of love. His voice is going now, he's getting on a bit, but it was absolutely wonderful. Theres a video at the bottom of the blog. You can't see the snow on it, and you certainly can't feel the atmosphere, but it was special.
And the reason we go there every december, and stay in the same hotel??????
They all know Chris and welcome him so warmly. Kisses all round - not for me, just Chris, which is good, cos they're all old men!! Now if they were tasty italian men, that would be different!!!


Heres a photo of me in Savinis. It always shocks me to see me with hair.
I never thought id have this dilemma. I don't know what to do with my hair. Do i go blonde? Or stay darker? Do i stay with my pixie style? Or grow it longer again?

Heres the video of Burt. It makes me so emotional just watching the video. Im a wreck!

Anyway, i better go and pack. Im sure the next 36 hours are gonna go really quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment