Saturday 29 August 2015

28.08.15

Here it is. Ive gone from 3 months to 4 months this time. Check up with Dr Jack, that is.
I can't say I'm particularly anxious but i do enjoy his own brand of reassurance.
The things that could go against me :-
1. Im itchy - more than likely the hot, humid weather.
2. Im sweating at times - also can be explained by the weather or return of the menopause.
3. Im fatigued - thats normal after chemo, as well as a symptom of HL.
4. I have back ache/stiffness, like i had before i was diagnosed. My X-rays and bloods are normal so can't blame arthritis. This is the one thing that worries me.
I will find out later today!!!

So heres my appointment photo, i take one every appointment to see the difference. One day ill put them all in a row and see how I've gone from fat bald and ugly to just ugly! Hopefully anyway.
So, the symptoms. Itching, sweating, fatigue!!!
I forgot to tell him. Oh yes thats the other symptom - memory loss!
He said the back ache/stiffness probably isn't lymphoma but he can't guarantee it of course. However my ESR was 24 which is remarkably low for me. Strange considering i have a painful back, I've had a sore toe and I've had a virus upper respiratory tract infection. Inflammation everywhere and wheres my ESR - 24!!
I know i like to do things in my own indomitable style but this is ridiculous.
Dr Jack was his usual charming, caring, interesting, funny, lovable self. He has a very lucky wife!
We talked of relapsing and treatment, holidays and camping, food and wine, music and singing, and a whole host of other stuff, but not about my symptoms!! My fault, not his. So over-awed with my low ESR, that i lost my mind in the process!
So apparently a celebration is in order.
Out for Tapas with the Billy no mates group. Thats my name for the group I've joined. Lots of people wanting to make some friends. Im hoping they wont be offended by my name for the group - after all, I'm a Billy no mates too!
Well it was a wonderful evening. The food was expensive for the portion size, but it was very nice. Prosecco was involved of course as you can see. 


Met a very nice lady called Silvia who's on the same wavelength as me. We will be meeting up outside of the group, I'm sure. 
So lots of laughter was had, and then outside to watch the fireworks before home. Next meet up on bank holiday monday. Lunch at the Slug and Lettuce - remind me not to have the salad!
Today i am doing a bit of reading for a panel that I've joined as a proof reader before i nip to Castle Point for a coffee with a friend and then having some fence panels erected.
Another busy busy day!
Who'd have thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment