Thursday 27 August 2015

27.08.15

A week of appointments. Dentist, bloods, GP and Dr Jack! All in the same week. I must have done something really bad in a former life.
Oh and a dose of tonsillitis and the GP wouldn't give me antibiotics cos 'we don't do that anymore unless its severe'. I thought having low immunity and the fact that i hang on to illnesses longer than most, would be good enough reason to prescribe them for me. But no.......
Needless to say 4 days on and i still have an unbelievably sore throat, and my cough has returned.
It seems if i do something good, i suffer for the next few days.
I met up with the Hodgkins Lymphoma Support Group last weekend.
When  i arranged it, there was about 30 people who wanted to meet up. On the day there was 3 of us!
We had a lovely time tho. I met Kate and Shell and we had a jolly good natter. Well worth the trip to Oxford.  It was a beautiful day.
Kate and I went for lunch. Two peas in a pod. We both have the same irritations, and i don't mean dermatitis!
And we look so similar too!
So because it was a day out, i washed behind my ears and even wore heels! The next day my big toe was so sore! I started to think i had gout! A bit of arthritis i think brought on by the heels. I also had 2 blisters. And they were my comfortable shoes!
Ive joined a group of people too. Bournemouth Social Circle. I like to call it the Billy No Mates club. Its for us poor unfortunates who don't have any friends any more due to various reasons! I must say, they're a nice bunch. And lots of meet ups. I had to cancel a couple this week due to my wretched tonsils, but friday is another day. 
Tapas at La Tasca!
Im hoping its in Seville or Benidorm, but i have a sneaky feeling its in Bournemouth! I have ironed my flamenco dress ready, and have my passport and Euros just in case!
Talking of passports, i saw my buddy Marion today (i do still have some friends). We had coffee and cake in M&S, and did a little retail therapy. Im still not up to too much activity but i did my best. Well she has a villa in Spain and she's hoping to go out there in september for a month or so and she's asked if i wanna fly over there for a break! So if i can find someone to have the dogs (hoping Chris or Chloe will read this!!!) i will be jetting off for a few days of sun, sea and sangria. Of course i will have a few meet ups with my new buddies that i will have to cancel, but hey ho, when you're as popular as me you have to do these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment