Saturday 1 August 2015

01.08.15

Helloooooo
I thought earlier i must blog about something, but i can't remember what!
So I will tell you about my return to Facebook!
I went off FB 4 and half months ago. I was getting a bit wound up by all the activity on there. It seemed to me everyone had an active social life except for me. My usual social life had disappeared since i started chemo, obviously, and i imagined it would return after my treatment finished, but sadly i was wrong. Ive been informed its cos people don't know what to say to me??? But to be fair, they don't need to say anything, i can talk for England!
So to stop getting wound up, i decided to come off of FB. However, my saviour, the Hodgkins Lymphoma UK site, is only accessible via FB so i had to still log on so decided to use my dogs profile, Loki. Not everyone understood why i wasn't 'their friend' anymore, but most were ok and didn't give me a hard time.
So many of my 'friends' from the lymphoma page added me, and many from choir, and gradually my friend list got longer and longer, and last week when out at a charity disco (that was an experience) Rachel took some photos and wanted to tag me in them. As my social life seemed to have returned, i decided to take the step to return as Jill.
Firstly, i changed my profile picture. The comments and 'likes' i had was immense. Made me feel so good. All my friends welcoming me back and telling me i was looking good. I sort of forgot they didn't know what i looked like - theres been a change in the last 4-5 months. Id like to say more of a change, like 3 stones worth of change, but no! So i was welcomed back into the fold.
But then, i noticed some 'friends' had unfriended me. One had not only unfriended me, but my sons too! Its funny how people think its all about them!  Its so sad really cos i need good friends now after what I've been through.
So...the charity disco!!!
We arrived in style - i drove! Myself, Rachel, Linzi, Mark and Simon.  The boys plied me with J2O's, even when i said id had enough. Some of the people there were 'unusual'. The DJ did a robotic dance half way through. I stared open mouthed at the ridiculousness of it! If thats even a word, ridiculousness??
Despite everything, we had a good time. Lots of silliness, as you can see by the photos.





At home time, (it didn't come quick enough) a curry was mentioned. So we drove to Joy in Ferndown and piled in, tummies rumbling. Oh my goodness, it was yummy. It was midnight and we were eating curry and naan and all sorts of side dishes, not to mention the poppadoms. Im getting hungry just thinking of it.
The conversation was interesting and a bit heated at times. I loved it!!
After all food was demolished, we headed back to the car. Some doughnut (Mark) had left the door open. Not unlocked. OPEN. Luckily it was late at night so there wasn't any takers!
I dumped them all back at their gaff and off home to lay in bed, stuffed and uncomfortable. I woke with a huge hangover, which is odd considering i didn't even drink alcohol!
I think you could say it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment