Tuesday 13 January 2015

12.1.15

Its always good to wake up refreshed isn't it?
Last night, or this morning, i was still awake at 3am.
Tiredness is my enemy. It makes me feel ill, physically ill. And on top of the fatigue.......!!!
So i try to keep on top of the sleep. I take my hot water bottle to bed with me. Its my comfort. Once in bed with the HWB, i throw it to one side cos it makes me too hot!!
So when I'm awake at 3am, it worries me a little. Especially when i have made arrangements for the day.
Todays arrangements are as follows:-
Fun day out with Mary!
She picked me up at 11 and was happy and surprised to see me with my boots on, but my wellies ready in a bag for a beach walk.
She knows me from the past to do silly things, like the time we went off to a farm in Exeter to stay in her caravan. A farm. You know, with cows and things. Mud and manure. It had been very wet wether before we set off.
She was suitably attired in jeans and a warm waterproof jacket, wellies and trainers for when and if it dried out a little.
My footwear was white sandals! Possibly high heels! I probably had a pretty floral dress on too.
Ok. So she was the sensible one. But i think i won hands down in the underwear department.
I wore M&S finest, lacy, good quality, matching undies. She had thermals!!
Anyway. We went to Parkstone Yacht club for coffee first, and a toasted tea cake, and a natter.
Then headed off for the Sandbanks/Studland ferry.
We did the predictable Titanic arms out pose and photo. Well Mary did. Im too grown up and sensible for that!
And before we knew it we were following, and trying to catch up with an old dear who was in the car next to us. She had  sped off so quickly. The blue rinse brigade of Studland, they rock!
We stopped off in the car park and i balanced (sort off) precariously on one leg trying to get my wellies on, and we headed off to the beach. South beach.
There were shells and the day was bright, and there was that lovely ozoney, surfy, salty smell.
Mary did a bit of stone skipping. Some bounced about 5 times but she assures me she's done 10 or more bounces before. Im not convinced!
I can't do it. I tend to have more useful skills!
Old Harry Rocks were clear and we could see the waves crashing round them. We saw oyster catchers with their orange beaks.
As expected Mary did some daft poses for photos. I had a few photos taken, but of course i don't like any of me cos i feel i look so fat!


Mary skimming stones. She doesn't normally look that daft.


A picture of me, not looking fat! 
Next stop was the Pig on the Beach at Studland for lunch. What a lovely place. Just my cup of tea. Very quirky. And look at the floor tiles. Id love them in my kitchen. 

The food was wonderful. We both had locally caught sea bass with purple flowering broccoli and a sauce with bacon. It was so good. Mary had a blackcurrant and lime swiss roll with blackcurrant jelly. I had a chocolate and ale pudding with brown sugar ice cream. Oh oh oh oh, it was something else. Like chocolate velvet.
Then back to the ferry as the weather deteriorated quickly.
We sat in the queue and watched the chain ferry being dragged by the current as far as the chains would allow. Luckily, once on board you couldn't feel the pull.
Then home again, home again, jiggety jig.
And the whole day we talked and talked, non stop.
No wonder I'm so tired now. I don't know whether its the fault of too much talking or being awake at 3am. 
Either way, time for bed.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are enjoying life and keeping well :) xxx

    ReplyDelete