Friday 15 May 2015

15.5.15

What a lovely semi symmetrical date.
Well today was the day! My 3rd 3 monthly check up with the delightful Dr Jack.
Im normally dreading the, 'lets weigh you,' bit, but of course, 1 stone and 4 lbs down, i was positively champing at the bit to jump on.
He was so impressed. I told him all about the diet that I've been on. He was disgusted that i had to have black tea and coffee. I told him, 'strong and black, like my men.' He replied, 'In your dreams!' He's so interested in everything i say. It makes me feel so special. Im sure he's like that with everyone tho. I told him about my stiff joints, they're slightly better since losing weight, well I'm slightly better all over since losing weight.  He told me to keep up with the swimming and aquarobics. I told him about my holiday and we chatted about Brittany.
Then he invited me behind the curtain to do a 'light fandango'. He examined me and then looked at my blood results which were all good. My ESR was 37 rather than the 51 last time.
We talked about future appointments. The next one is in 3 months and he said after the next one, if i like i can go to 4 monthly. My choice. I may choose weekly!
Some people don't like the check ups cos it gives them anxiety, whilst others look forward to the one to one.
Guess which category I'm in????
I not only feel reassured when i see him, but he makes me feel happy. He's such a nice, kind, funny, man. I walk away feeling lighter, and looking forward to the next appointment.
Its just a little crush......

Heres a photo of me today. I take one every time i have a check up and at some stage ill put them all in a row and see the difference. I must say I'm never happy with my photos, but at least i got a bit more hair now.
Anyway, whilst I'm still on a high, I'm gonna publish this and put my feet up before bed time.
Bonsoir mes petits chou-fleur.

No comments:

Post a Comment