Saturday 10 October 2015

07.10.15

Ive been trying to sort out some travel insurance! Not an easy task.
Because I've had an MRI on my spine and I'm awaiting the results, they won't give me any insurance.
So an appointment made with the GP to find out that I've got a knackered old back!
What a shock tho!
It turns out there are multiple small lymph glands in the same area that my lymphoma started. A moment of stunned silence followed by the feeling of a knife in my chest.
Luckily it didn't take me long to 'snap out of it' and think up a few excuses.
1.  Scar tissue
2.  Infection
3. Wrong reading of a scan

Pick one, ill be happy with any of them!
I sent Dr Jack a text hoping he would turn up in shining armour on a white horse.
Instead he texted back to come the the Harbour Hospital at 5.15 on friday afternoon.
So i did.
'I don't think its anything to be worried about.'
He said he'd take some blood to check my ESR and he will try and compare the MRI and my last PET scan.
He used a latex glove as a tourniquet and he drew blood himself. He informed me he's taken his own blood before, cos he's a real man! He did a flipping good job, no bruises.
So off i trotted after a fun filled appointment, happy with his comments.
You know what I'm gonna say, don't you?
He sent me an email today saying my ESR has gone up to 62, its normally 25-50.  He's still got to compare scan results at the MDT meeting on friday morning and then he'll decide if i need a PET scan to check things out.
I could do without this stress. I wouldn't mind if when i was stressed i stopped eating and lost weight, but no, not me.
So here i am, flying to Spain tomorrow morning, with the weight of the world on my shoulders. I feel quite worried cos i know it means a stem cell transplant if I've relapsed.
Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment